Day, Michael, Barber, Penney, Braund, Kyle, and Squires, Richard (2008) Feline Amyloidosis. In: UNSPECIFIED, (ed.) Vetstream FELIS. Vetstream, UK, pp. 1-3.
PDF (Published Version)
- Published Version
Restricted to Repository staff only
• Rare conditions with abnormal proteinaceous deposits within tissues.
• Cause: familial disease in Abyssinians or Siamese or secondary to chronic inflammation.
• Signs: related to organ affected. May be localized or systemic.
• Diagnosis: histopathology, special staining and immunohistochemistry.
• Treatment: few options.
• Prognosis: guarded, usually progressive.
|Item Type:||Book Chapter (Reference)|
This is a Vetstream FELIS peer reviewed journal article that was first published online in November 2008. It is updated quarterly.
|Date Deposited:||27 Sep 2011 00:42|
|FoR Codes:||07 AGRICULTURAL AND VETERINARY SCIENCES > 0707 Veterinary Sciences > 070706 Veterinary Medicine @ 100%|
|SEO Codes:||86 MANUFACTURING > 8609 Veterinary Pharmaceutical Products > 860902 Veterinary Diagnostics @ 50%
86 MANUFACTURING > 8609 Veterinary Pharmaceutical Products > 860903 Veterinary Pharmaceutical Treatments (e.g. Antibiotics) @ 50%