Canine skin: atopy
Marsella, Rosanna, and Squires, Richard (2008) Canine skin: atopy. In: UNSPECIFIED, (ed.) Vetstream CANIS. Vetstream, UK, pp. 1-5.
PDF (Published Version)
- Published Version
Restricted to Repository staff only
• Cause: inherited predisposition to develop hypersensitivity-mediated skin disease against environmental allergens.
• Signs: pruritic skin disease (may be seasonal), recurrent skin and ear infections.
• Diagnosis: suggestive history, compatible clinical signs and exclusion of other pruritic skin diseases.
• Treatment: desensitization or symptomatic management.
• Prognosis: guarded - problems likely to persist lifelong.
|Item Type:||Book Chapter (Reference)|
This is a Vetstream CANIS peer reviewed journal article that was first published online in November 2008. It is updated quarterly.
|Date Deposited:||27 Sep 2011 01:22|
|FoR Codes:||07 AGRICULTURAL AND VETERINARY SCIENCES > 0707 Veterinary Sciences > 070706 Veterinary Medicine @ 100%|
|SEO Codes:||86 MANUFACTURING > 8609 Veterinary Pharmaceutical Products > 860902 Veterinary Diagnostics @ 50%
86 MANUFACTURING > 8609 Veterinary Pharmaceutical Products > 860903 Veterinary Pharmaceutical Treatments (e.g. Antibiotics) @ 50%